SPRING 2020 DATES - Please go to "Forms" Link and complete the Course Interest Form or send your information and questions to "Contact Us".
Accredited by the California State Fire Marshal's Office
- Academy Dates: January 8, 2020 - May 8, 2020 - Course Announcement Pending
- Applications will OPEN: August 31, 2019
- Orientation Date (Non-Mandatory): Saturday, December 7, 2019, 0900-1300 hours, Rm 2142 (tentative)
General Information to all students, academy overview, required purchases, and expectations.
We are attempting to place this on a multimedia platform for those not able to attend and/or from out of the area.
- Orientation Date (MANDATORY): Saturday, 2020, 0900-1300 hours, Room 2142 (To Be Announced)
Rules & Regulation overview, orientation forms, confirm books, uniforms & PPE issuance.
- Family members are welcome and encouraged to attend an orientation date listed above.
Certification: Conforms to standards for certification by the California State Fire Marshal, Board of Fire Services, IFSAC and PRO-Board. Upon successful completion, the student is eligible for certification as an EMT-I and is academically qualified for state certification as a Firefighter1. Students completing the program are still required to complete either one-year as a volunteer firefighter or six months as a paid firefighter with a California fire department to be certified as a Firefighter I. Students will be required to take all portions of the Firefighter I Academy even though they may be EMT I certified or above.
- Students must be 18 years old to participate with EMT clinical training (within the academy).
- Concurrent Enrollment in a morning PE 1.34 class (M****).
- FIRTC 1 - Fire Protection Organization (required) - offered during fall 2019, Monday Evenings, 6-8:50 pm, or equivalent (approved by facilitator).
- Public Safety First Aid/CPR - Must Attend EMT510 - Information and required date will be provided within application process
Orientation General Information:
- Time: 0900-1300 Hours
- Civilian Attire (business casual)
- No parking decal required after 1800 hours or during weekends (do not park in "staff" or "reserved" parking)
Academy Dates: January 8 to May 8, 2020
- Academy is Monday through Friday, 0800-1700 hours daily (possible Saturday required make-up tutoring).
- PE 1.34 is Tuesday & Thursdays, 0600-0715 hours (tentative).
Course Location: Marysville Campus; East Lot, 2088 North Beale Road; Marysville CA 95901, Room 2142
office email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com ; facilitator email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Announcement & Fees (approx. $3,000): Announcement Pending